Many upcoming events set
WELCOME — The last Tuesday coffee hours for September is scheduled for 8:30-10 a.m. Sept. 26, at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Welcome. Join friends and neighbors for good coffee and great fellowship. I have no information that anyone is having coffee hours in October, so this upcoming one could be the last for this year.
Join Robert Schultze for a 75th birthday bash from 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Welcome Legion. Enjoy musical entertainment from Steve Lang and Bob Petrowiak at 7:30 p.m. Happy birthday, Bob.
Condolences to the family of Dennis Rosburg who recently passed away. He will be missed.
There will be an American Red Cross blood drive from 2-7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 25, at St. John Vianney Church in Fairmont. There will also be two blood drives on October 2. First, from 9 a.m.to 2 p.m. on Oct. 2 at Grace Lutheran Church in Fairmont, and noon to 6 p.m. on Oct. 2, at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Welcome. To make an appointment or for further information, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767), go online at www.redcrossblood.org or text BLOODAPP to 90999. There is an urgent need for blood now so give if you are able. Thank you.
Upcoming events for October include:
• A vendor fair beginning 9 a.m. on Oct. 7, at the Regional Worship Center in Sherburn. A food truck will be available too.
• The Lake Promenaders Square Dance group will meet 6 p.m. on Oct. 8 at the Shaw home.
• Fall Clean-up Day in Welcome will be from 8-10 a.m. or whenever the truck is full on Oct. 21, by Campbell Street. No appliances. Clean up the stuff that may be an ordinance violation for free.
• There will be a community informational meeting, as part of the informational meetings planned by the Martin County West School District, which will begin 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 24, at the Welcome Legion.
• There will be a ‘Burger Night’ fundraiser to benefit the Welcome Summer Festival beginning 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 27, at the Welcome Legion Hall.
• A Trunk and Treat Halloween event for children is planned for
Oct. 29 in Welcome. Contact Leah Gerhardt or Amanda Kleinschmidt for further information.
With October comes the harvest season. Please be careful in harvesting and when driving on roads that slow moving vehicles are using too. Watch for overhead wires and poles by the edge of fields. Do not enter bins without another person knowing where you are. Let’s have a safe harvest season.