B.E. Area beats Trojans in tennis; Fairmont bests Redwood Valley
BLUE EARTH — The Blue Earth Area Bucs’ girls tennis team concluded its regular season on Thursday, hosting the Worthington Trojans at the Hal Schroeder Courts in Blue Earth.
The Bucs extended their winning streak to four after beating the Trojans, 6-1.
“We’ll play any team right now,” BEA head coach Spencer Monson said. “We finished the regular season strong and we’re playing with a lot of confidence.”
The Bucs swept the three doubles matches and won three of four singles matches to post their six points.
BEA’s Carol Schrader and Ashlyn Klinkner were pushed to the limit, but beat Taylor Nordseth and Riley Nickel, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, at No. 1 doubles.
At No. 2 doubles, BEA’s Erika Gaydon and McKinley Hanson cruised to a 6-0, 6-2 win over Bryn Dunkersloot and Sadie Nickel, and at No. 3 doubles, BEA’s Erin Prescher and Addison Prescher defeated Chloe Martinez and Taylor Michelson, 6-1, 6-0.
Two of the four singles matches went three sets, including at the No. 1 flight where BEA’s Addison Armstrong pulled out a 5-7, 6-2, (10-6) win over Ivy Jenson.
The other three-setter came at No. 4 singles. BEA’s Lauren Survis lost 2-6, 6-4, 6-2 to Taya Oberloh.
The Bucs won at the No. 2 and No. 3 singles slots. Bucs’ Olivia Dutton and Grace Hanson defeated Hannah McNab and Brooke Nordseth 6-1, 6-0, and 7-5, 6-3, respectively.
Blue Earth Area (8-11) awaits the pairings for Monday’s Section 2A Team quarterfinals, while Worthington (1-12) await its first-round matchup for the Section 2AA team tournament.
B.E. Area 6,
• Addison Armstrong (BEA) def. Ivy Jenson, 5-7, 6-2, 10-6.
• Olivia Dutton (BEA) def. Hannah McNab, 6-1, 6-0.
• Grace Hanson (BEA) def. Brooke Nordseth, 7-5, 6-3.
• Taya Oberloh (W) def. Lauren Survis, 2-6, 6-4, 6-2.
• Carol Schrader-Ashlyn Klinkner (BEA) def. Taylor Nordseth-Riley Nickel, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3.
• Erika Gaydon-McKinley Hanson (BEA) def. Bryn Donkersloot-Sadie Nickel, 6-0, 6-1.
• Erin Prescher-Addison Prescher (BEA) def. Chloe Martinez-Taylor Michelson.
Fairmont 5, Redwood Valley 2 — Fairmont ended its regular season with a 5-2 win over Redwood Valley in Big South Conference action on Thursday in Redwood Falls.
Fairmont used a sweep of the three doubles matches to beat Redwood Valley.
At No. 1 doubles, Anika Haugen and Johanna Petschke won in straight sets, 6-1, 6-4, over Mila Jennings and Ella Stoneberg.
Fairmont’s No. 2 doubles combination of Lilly Laven and Paige Linse defeated Anneliese Hammer and Julia Lang, 6-3, 6-4.
Fairmont’s No. 3 duo of Solveig Senf and Emelia Klanderud also won in straight sets, beating Julian Brown and Michelle Smith, 6-2, 6-1.
Fairmont split its four singles matches.
Fairmont’s Hope Klanderud beat Brooke Zollner 7-6 (7-3), 6-1 at No. 1 singles, and Abi Peyman defeated Lily DeBlieck, 6-2, 6-0, at No. 2 singles.
Fairmont’s Brynn Gustafson lost a 6-1, 6-1 decision to Lauren Dolezal at No. 3 singles, while Fairmont’s Elly Stegge lost 6-3, 6-2 to McKenna Flinn at No. 4 singles.
Fairmont (12-7) awaits the pairings for the Section 2A Team Meet which begins on Monday.
Redwood Valley 2
• Hope Klanderud (FMT) def. Brooke Zollner, 7-6 (7-3), 6-1.
• Abi Peyman (FMT) def. Lily DeBlieck, 6-2, 6-0.
• Lauren Dolezal (RV) def. Brynn Gustafason, 6-1, 6-1.
• McKenna Flinn (RV) def. Elly Stegge, 6-3, 6-2.
• Anika Haugen-Johanna Petschke (FMT) def. Mila Jennings-Ella Stoneberg, 6-1, 6-4.
• Lilly Laven-Paige Linse (FMT) def. Anneliese Hammer-Julia Lang, 6-3, 6-4.
• Solveig Senf-Emelia Klanderud (FMT) def. Julia Brown-Michelle Smith, 6-2, 6-1.