Schmeeckle Foundation awards $201,817 in grants
MARTIN COUNTY, Minn. — The Schmeeckle Foundation approved grants totaling $201,817 with the goal of enriching the lives of those in Martin County through innovation and creative collaboration. The Schmeeckle Foundation is a private family foundation with a mission to carry on the legacy of long-time Martin County resident, Juanita Ellen (Teubner) Schmeeckle.
These grants align with the Schmeeckle Foundation’s three core focus areas: early childhood care and education, serving persons with disabilities and elders, and promoting the arts. Grants are reviewed by four trustees with assistance from Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation. Grants are awarded based on their likelihood to create measurable change within the Foundation’s three core focus areas. This round of grantees includes:
· $10,000 to Action 169 for Restorative Arts Project
· $20,020 to CREST for Services for All
· $50,000 to Fairmont City Band for Sylvania Park Band Shell when
Fairmont City Band has all money sourced
· $9,000 to Martin County West Schools for Basic Guitar Skills Class
· $20,000 to Martin County West Preschool
· $3,000 to Open Arts Minnesota for Aktion Club Theatre
· $20,000 to Project 1590 for Lead for AmeriCorps Fellow
· $5,000 to Arc for Training Workshops and Listening Sessions
· $4,000 to Minnesota Women of Today for Community Doula
· $25,000 to Twin Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America, for
Scouting in Martin County
· $35,797 to Fairmont Opera House for Stage Lighting Upgrades
For details on applying for a Schmeeckle Foundation Grant, or to learn about our trustees, please visit our website at schmeecklefoundation.org. Applications for the next grant period are due by Aug. 31, 2023.
If your organization would be interested in a presentation regarding the Schmeeckle Foundation, contact Ron Kopischke at Profinium, telephone (507) 236-3179 or email RonK@Profinium.com.