Buhmann, Bahr pace Fairmont Area’s clay target opener
FAIRMONT — Tucker Bahr and Levi Buhmann each broke 46 of 50 clay targets to open the spring season for the Fairmont Area High School team on Wednesday.
Bahr connected for 23 on both his first and last 25 targets, while Buhmann opened with a 24 during the first half of his run before closing with a 22.
Austin Clabaugh penciled in a 23-22–45 to share runner-up team honors with Colby Grotte, who registered a 24-21–45.
Mason Kotewa tallied back-to-back 22s en route to a 44, Mike Maakestad claimed the next spot on Fairmont Area with a 24-19–43, while Max Seifried generated a 20-22–42.
Cass Davis (21-20), Tucker Mosloski (22-19) and Dustyn Vandever (22-19) rounded out Fairmont Area’s top 10 shooters during their seasonal debut.
Fairmont Area takes aim at Week 2 action on Wednesday, April 24.
Fairmont Clay Target
(Top 30 — April 17)
• 46s: Tucker Bahr and Levi Buhmann.
• 45s: Austin Clabaugh and Colby Grotte.
• 44: Mason Kotewa.
• 43: Mike Maakestad.
• 42: Max Seifried.
• 41s: Cass Davis, Tucker Mosloski and Dustyn Vandever.
• 40s: Kean Hicks, Tanner Rosch and Will Schellpeper.
• 39: Andrew Moeller.
• 38s: Jedidiah Fowler and Anthony Holland.
• 37s: Brody Anderson, Kate Busche and Jackson Utermarck.
• 36s: Reece Buntjer, Jackson Francis, Alex Neitzel and Noah Wedel.
• 35s: Eric Becker, Hayden Clabaugh, Tyler Fogelson, Carter Leiding, Aidan Osmundson, Blake Redepenning and Gunner Wells.