Due to an editing error, an article about a Fairmont School Board candidate forum appearing in Thursday’s edition included an incorrect statement attributed to candidate Mike Edman. The article should have stated that Edman said Fairmont Area Schools cannot be an equity partner in the possible construction of a community center in Fairmont.

Forums available for viewing

FAIRMONT — Recent candidate forums held in Fairmont remain available for viewing online and on local cable TV.

The Governmental Affairs Committee of the Fairmont Area Chamber of Commerce, assisted by Fairmont Women of Today, the American Association of University Women and Martin County Farm Bureau, sponsored the forums.

Viewers may tune in to local access channel 13 during the times/dates listed below to watch the forums. They also can watch anytime by visiting www.fairmont.org/forums

Minnesota state representative for District 23A rebroadcast times: 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Oct. 20-21.

Fairmont mayor: 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Oct. 13-14 and Oct. 29-30.

Fairmont School Board: 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Oct. 13-14 and Oct. 29-30.

Martin County races: Noon and midnight and 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Oct. 13-14 and Oct. 29-30.

Officers will not be charged

CHASKA (AP) — Prosecutors say they won’t charge two sheriff’s officials who fatally shot a suicidal Minnesota teenager.

The Carver County Attorney’s Office said Thursday that the officers’ use of deadly force was justified.

Sixteen-year-old Archer Amorosi was shot and killed after running from his house in Chanhassen on July 13. His mother had dialed 911, saying her son was suicidal and threatening her with knives and a baseball bat.

Authorities say the teen was holding a hatchet and a BB pistol.

After firing a stun gun failed to stop him, Carver County Sheriff’s Corporal Jake Hodge and Deputy Travis Larson opened fire. An autopsy found Amorosi died of multiple gunshot wounds.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigated the shooting and forwarded its findings to the state attorney.