MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Twin Cities man is facing a fourth surgery after he was burned by an off-brand cell phone charger.
Tim Tyrell says he was just trying to save a few dollars when he searched eBay for an iPhone charger. Tyrell says he found three charges for under $10. But, when he received the merchandise and plugged a charger into an electrical outlet, it tripped the circuit breaker and caused what he says was a "mini explosion."
Tyrell suffered a small burn that later became infected. KMSP-TV (http://bit.ly/1pFBr5q ) says it's taken three surgeries so far to tackle the infection.
Tyrell just wants to warn others about buying knock-off phone accessories. The cut rate price might not be worth it.
Information from: KMSP-TV, http://www.myfox9.com