Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

College student dies following house fire

March 19, 2014
Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A college student pulled from a house fire in North Dakota by a roommate has died at a Minneapolis hospital.

The parents of Matthew Heisler, of Lakeville, say their 21-year-old son died Tuesday at Hennepin County Medical Center. Authorities in Grand Forks, N.D., say the fire Sunday in an off-campus house at the University of North Dakota was accidental, caused by unattended food left cooking on a stove.

Officials say roommate Ryan Nelson came home to a smoke-filled house, pulled Heisler out and performed CPR. The St. Paul Pioneer Press (http://bit.ly/1fGXIdx) says the 21-year-old roommate was treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation and released.

Jared and Cheryl Heisler say that their son's organs have been donated in accordance with his wishes. Heisler was a graduate of Lakeville North High School.

___

Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web