| || |
April 26, 2011 - Jennifer Brookens
Coming back to work after a four-day weekend, the rain is also back. I am also tracking down what was supposed to be an Easter present that appears to be "lost in the mail," and I feel like slipping back into grump mode. But I'm trying something a friend of mine suggested: GratiTuesday, coming up with at least one thing that your are grateful for. Some Tuesdays, all you can come up with is that it's not Monday. But after a rare four-day weekend, I might be able to think of a few things.
* I am grateful for that rare and much-needed four day weekend. It gave my family time to bond during the anniversary of my father's death, but we also had many light and fun moments, such as using up some gift certificates shopping and coloring Easter eggs with the children.
* I am grateful that the sun was out for at least two days, and we were able to go outside and enjoy it. Plus the daffodils in my backyard and at my mom's place were blooming!
* I am grateful that my son is learning to communicate with us. Hearing him say, "Mommy, will you play with me?" this weekend was such a tug on the heartstrings, how could I resist?
* I am grateful for my Mom, who cooked a wonderful Easter dinner for us. And while a little jealous, I am also grateful she has wonderful friends that make her happy and keep her social calendar busy.
* I WILL be very grateful once Mother Nature stops teasing us and spring gets here once and for all!!
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web