| || |
Top 10 signs I need a vacation!
September 21, 2009 - Jennifer Brookens
So I got the blues today. Not really surprising, since it's a gray, rainy Monday, and you can feel the cool change as the official first day of Fall approaches. It's especially a bummer since we had more summertime weather in September than we did in June, July and August.
But there are other signs I've noticed that maybe I need a little relief from the day-to-day grind.... (insert drum roll sfx here)
10. I separated the Elmo and Mickey Mouse dolls in my son's crib, for fear of any children's industry rivalry fights.
9. My husband accidently put on one of my T-Shirts and looked better in it.
8. I had a paranoid attack that my work area was bugged, only to realize what I came across was the missing earbuds for my iPod.
7. I stepped on the digital scale, only to have it flash, "Get Off!" in rapid succession before it konked out for good.
6. My mother's social calendar is so much busier than mine, I need to schedule appointments with her through her personal secretary.
5. I cried uncontrollably through a movie that involved the destruction of New York City. It was Ghostbusters.
4. Went into my daughter's room with a Hefty bag ready to clean it up for good. Walked out an hour later with a mostly empty bag, but a new understanding of "Kaycieball," "Kayciecards" and "KaycieCandyLand" (Hint: the #1 rule is "Kaycie wins." The other rules change as necessary to ensure rule #1.)
3. Kanye West just interrupted me by grabbing my laptop and proclaiming that Beyonce had a Top 10 that was "THE BEST EV-AH!"
2. Dreamt about the surf lapping at my toes, only to wake up and find the cat was licking them instead.
And the Number One reason I NEED A VACATION...
1. Have actually considered running screaming into the streets in order to be picked up and "held for observation" for a few days.
Thank you, David Letterman, for letting me borrow your format for this week!
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web